Monday, October 27, 2008

Things I did in October





The top picture is me and my good friend george at a 49ers game, the second picture is me pointing at something at the 49ers game.  I traveled to San Francisco for my fall break this year.  It was a really good time, I was able to spend a day in the city, hang out with my best friend from home, go to a 49ers game, and sandbag that whole bay area.

The City:
The city is dope, I love san francisco.  It is just such a clean and well organized place.  There aren't way too many people, and it is a very person friendly city.  The streets are walkable, the air is fresh, there are a lot of small businesses and shops that face the street, there is plenty to do, and it is the smuggest place on the planet.  Where else in the world would you find a white dude with dreadlocks who smelled like weed running one of the biggest retail stores in the city and employing a bunch of trendy and or emo 19 yr olds who ride their bikes to work everyday, wear the ipods, drink green plant, vote for barack obama, no on prop 8, and only eat food that is local and organic.  We need places like SF to keep the rest of the world in check.  SF reminds people to care about everything and everyone, and I really do appreciate that, even if the city needs to get over itself sometimes.

Chillin with David in Berkeley:
Berkeley is dope too, and it is even more smugtastic than SF, the only difference is that it doesn't have tall buildings and everything is closed by 9PM.  I went to berkeley to kick it with David Nguyen (see post entitled david nguyen).  We had a great time kickin it.  We got drunk, we hung out with his friends from his business fraternities, and we saw our other two high school friends in an improv show.  The show was great, and both of our friends did really well (Ale Randazzo and Ryan Field); however, when we went to the after party we were there with a group of 25 people who were good friends and who had only brought 30 beers.  That inspired dave and I to buy a handle of vodka, an 18 pack of miller, and some energy drinks.  After I put together a make shift gallon of space drink, we got to drinkin and got pretty sauced.  We then returned to the after-party and had a great time.  At 1:30 we went to his other friend's apartment, and Dave tried to get me to hook up with Korean babes.  I said no thanks (nothing against Korean babes, I am seeing someone).  I pretended to smoke like 8 cigarettes, drank a bit more, and we ended up walking home at like 4 in the morning. What a night.

The 49ers Game
The 49ers Game was a lot of fun, but they suck soooo bad in the 4th quarter it is unbelievable.  They were doing fine the whole game, but when the 4th quarter came around they essentially gave up, JT O'Sullivan threw like 7 ints, and they lost by a bunch of TDs.  Too bad, but it was really tight to get to go to an NFL game and see what goes on behind the cameras.  Those guys work really hard, and they seem to care about each other too.  I was pretty hungover and had to eat a hot dog to feel better, and then I started caring as well.  Good times.

Flagstaff
I also played rugby in Flagstaff with the Oxy squad.... Ridiculous (see bottom pic).

No comments: