Friday, October 3, 2008

Senior Comps

At Occidental College, all students are required to complete a Senior Comprehensive project before they graduate. Some majors require a 60 page paper, some require a 15 minute documentary, some require original research, some require presentations, and some require students to take a nationally administered test (GRE etc.).  In biochem, we have to do a 20 min presentation, a 45 minute presentation, and take a nationally administered test.

For my presentation, I chose to research low density lipoproteins (LDL "bad" cholesterol).  More specifically, I am researching the apolipoprotein component, apolipoprotein B100.  It has been really interesting so far, and the first presentation was a success, but it took a whole lot of effort, and even more time...

Anyways, I am just wondering, why are some people's comps so damn easy?  A 15 page paper in some majors? Really?! I say, anyone that only has to do that for their comps should have to make everyone else dinner, or throw a big party for everyone, or have to donate to a "funds for people who actually have difficult comps" fund. I'm just saying.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

quit complaining about you comp you sandbagger. j/k. good stuff man, im a new fan of the rosny blog a thon

Brett said...

My comps is a 35 page paper, of which I have already written 20 pages for another class. Chicka Chicka Yea!