Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Working at the ARA

What it do fam?! I am terrible at keeping my blog up to date, but I figured that I am on my lunch break so I might as well get crackin on this.

The last post I had explained that life is hard after college and there is nothing out there for the graduates. Turns out that isn't true. I was lucky enough to get hired at the AIDS Research Alliance in Downtown Los Angeles. I am a community educator, and will eventually get trained to work in the P2 lab processing PBMCs and possible working with another compound that shall not be named (due to copyright and privacy stuff). The job is pretty cool for the most part.

They gave me my own office with a sick view:














I get to work with people in the community that are doing a lot for folks who are infected and affected by HIV/AIDS.

My boss is young and pretty lienant.

My coworkers are cool.

There are some things that aren't that cool though:

David's office view is better:














I always forget to bring lunch, so I end up walking over to subway nearly every day.

I absolutley positively hate the drive. It is only about 10 miles, but it takes 35+ minutes in the morning and 40+ minutes on the way home. I always feel like hopping out of the car and running.

Anyways, life is all good and I'll try to post something again soon. Until then, hit me up on facebook or twitter. word.

No comments: